Saturday, February 14, 2009
The manoeuvre of presenting any product or service offered by a particular company to its potential target consumers to purchase the same is referred to as Advertisement.
This can be done via various mediums which are: television, Radio, Cinema, magazines, Newspapers, Bill Boards, video games, Internet etc…
Every company communicates about its products and services to captivate the potential consumers.
Even the archaeologists have found the traces of rock art, from the ancient civilizations of 4000 BC through which the then sellers, used to publicize their products.
Images associated with the trade were used to deliver the message of the product or service. With the advancement of Education, newspapers came and created zeal of advertising on them which are being used till now. But the intensity has reduced.
19th century brought with itself the growth in economy along with which Radio as a wonderful communication medium came into existence. Companies sponsor various programs to enthral the audiences for their branding and delivering their message.
In 1980s Television with its cable network created its footprints and acted as a staggering modus operandi.
Internet marketing boomed in 1990s and is still acting as one of the most lucrative and thriving way to woo the target audiences by the advertisers.
The avant-garde fad is of Mobile Advertising which is pioneering all the mediums amongst the advertisers, and has already become a chronicle even before its full start.
The advertisement via mobile devices is referred to as Mobile advertisement.
With the patronage of technology advancing every moment, mobile devices are creating rage in the society. Carrying an attractive mobile device has become the media magnet amongst the masses which is congruently rooting for the advertisers for their promotional endeavour.
The type is even dominating the online advertising because of the wide reach of mobile phones of approximately 4 billion in 2008 in comparison of desktops and laptops as a whole of around 800 million only. Some stupendous results from the scrutiny shows that, Mobile phones are not only popular amongst the urbanized people but the rural comrades too where even the computer are yet to step in.
Martin cooper, project manager with Motorola made the first portable device in 1973 which brought cellular phones, to talk, listen and dial in market in early 1990s. With its advancement mobile was upgraded on GSM standards by Elisa in Finland and came “short message service” popularly abbreviated as SMS, which became the inconspicuous two way communication. This caught advertiser’s attention to present their offers directly in front of their target group due to its quality features of fast delivery, lucrative cost, steadfast delivery and region sensitivity.
The immaculate diverse styles of mobile advertising include:
* Mobile Web Banner- The banner space can be utilized to communicate the brand offer of an advertiser due to its presence on the top of the page.
* Mobile Web Poster- This kind of banner enjoys the place at the bottom of the page and allures the user with its animating message.
* SMS advertising- It rules all types mentioned due to its plausible quality features.
* MMS advertising- The higher form of SMS, multimedia message service which involves the animation of images, text, audio and video is also an ultimate medium to present your products and services.
* Advertising within mobile games and videos- The type came into existence because of the emergence of interactive 3D games, social networking games and massive multiplayer games. This generated the concept of sponsoring a game or delivering promotional messages within the game which is referred to as Advergaming.
* Advertisement during mobile TV receipt.
* Full screen ad while requesting mobile content or when a web page is loading.
* Audio adverts- jingle from voicemail recordings.
The efficacy of mobile ad campaign can be gauged on variety of ways like the number of ad impressions or units served, click through rate i.e. the ratio of clicks happened to the ad units displayed, conversion ratio like click to call rates and various other interactive measurement tools.
The paradigm is approbating amongst the advertisers to acquaint their products and services, as the masses are getting well versed with the fashion of upgraded mobile phones for the usage sake and personality sake too.
Upasna Malhotra at her blog
10 February 2009
Posted by Hemant Kumar at Saturday, February 14, 2009